My Proposal

Since the conference I had little time and funds to get on with my sculpture, plus I had no home for it. So progress was slow and minimal.
When the Broomhill NSP application time came around again, I felt that this would be the perfect time to 'resurrect' this piece.
My tactic this time around was to send in photos of the piece in it's raw state and allow the judging panel to see what I had. Using photos of the original plaster form, and iron bits I was able to put together an image of what the final piece should look like.


The image above shows the three pieces as they were when I sent in my application. The bolt holes were meant to be used to fix the pieces back together, but inevitably, the didn't line up; The bolts also wouldn't have been strong enough to support the weight of the top half sitting on the bottom half, and any movement would result in the iron cracking.

Above: Here you can hopefully see the seam line that now runs across the front of the piece, this was unintentional and due to the pouring complications, but it makes the piece all the more interesting and works well with the concept.